Monday, May 23, 2011

Countdown to Amberland: Everything Changes

Hi!

It is not Wednesday!  Again!

So here's the deal...  I'm technically homeless right now.  I am staying with the wonderful and generous Elliott family, and this is the first chance I've really had to sit down at a computer in over a week.  I'm not even using my own computer; my computer is still living in the Gibbons' garage, along with most of my clothes and all of the comics and movies I brought with me to Texas.

Life in Arlington is frenetic, kinetic, and copacetic.

But I am definitely in the right place.

God is moving so many things in my life, teaching me so much, showing me so many people who need His Love in their lives...  I stop and think about what my life was like a year ago, two years ago, five years ago, ten years ago...  and I'm just blown away.

If the imminent high school graduate version of myself from 10 years ago saw my life today, he wouldn't believe it, understand it, or recognize it.  I think and feel like a completely different person.  I believe that the difference is for the better, and I certainly hope God agrees.  I would say He does, since He's been showing me non-stop what it's like to have Him not only in my life, but as my life.  It's...  it's crazy.  It's awesome.  It's crazy awesome.

I really wish I had time to tell you about everything that's been going on here.  I wish I could even begin to write down everything that has happened in the past week.  That alone would be enough to take up the rest of my day.

I wish I could tell you everything about the adventures Corwin and I have had talking to Metra, helping Tamera move, playing Munchkin with Steven, Cody, and Lindsay, experiencing the thrill of cheap beer with Randy, spending as much time as we possibly can with Chino, sharing Back to the Future with Nate...

And through it all...  God is awesome.

Amberland is this weekend.

I am ready.  God has shown me so many sparks that just need a little fanning to turn into full roaring flames.  There are so many people that I cannot wait to see and be with - laughing, singing, dancing...

I'm performing a wedding.  So that's a thing.

I really expect communion this year to be another world-shaker.  Last year, I met some folks who I am so very much looking forward to seeing again.  It has been too long since I have shared the body of Christ with my fellow disciples in the PGroove fold.  Bread will be broken, wine will be shared, tears will be shed, spirits will be restored.

God is going to change lives this weekend.

God Bless Amberland.

BLOG STUFF UPDATE:
So, uhhh...  This has been fun.

The previous post was my first late post since I started this blog at the end of 2009.  This is the second.  It's been more than a week since my last post.  My time is not what it was.

So things are changing here.  The blog is still going, but there's absolutely no schedule to it now.  Sorry. I know a lot of you had your entire weeks built around me, but we've all got to make transitions in life and I think this will be good for us both.

Wait, why does that sound like a break up?

Sorry.

Anyway - I just do not have the time at my disposal anymore to write what I've been writing.  So expect shorter posts...  but hopefully a bit more frequently.  As always, the goal of this is not just to say what I want to say, but to hear what you have to say back.  I'm hoping this new schedule will encourage more discussion.  I dunno.  We'll see.

I love you all.  Thanks for reading.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment